Sunday 8 January 2012

The laugh that comes after the "Dance between strangers"

For all my mysanthropy, there are just as many times when humans amaze me, fascinate me and make me smile.

The moment only lasted a few seconds, yet 10 minutes later it still makes me smile.

I was on my way home when an elderly gentleman was walking towards me. We got caught in the moment where we both tried to make room for the other person to pass. I went to my right, he went to his left. Inevitably, already with a smirk on our faces, and oh so predictably, we both then went to the other side. After this dance between strangers repeated twice, we both stopped, laughed out loud, wished each other a good day, and finally each continued walking.

In their predictabilty, or humanity, people can be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment