Monday 7 March 2011

Chocolate

Just before Christmas I applied for a job at chocolate company Green and Black's. The job was one of a taste assistant with elements of participating in a marketing campaign for new flavours. I was thrilled at the prospect to work for a fairtrade company, whose products I loved and who would give me the opportunity to be included in a marketing campaign as well as chocolate tasting!

A few days ago I saw that an envelope with my name and a Green and Black's sticker had arrived. I curiously opened it and a few seconds later I realised what it was.

This, literally, was the sweetest rejection I've received in my life.

They informed me that, regretably, my job application could not be processed any further as they had received more than 3000 applications for the job, but they appreciated the effort I'd put into the application and sincerely hoped I would enjoy the enclosed: 2 chocolate bars- one milk and one dark chocolate.

These are still on my desk, where I look at them and have small bites of tasty rejection....

No comments:

Post a Comment