Saturday 9 April 2011

Airport Experiences


I was at an airport on my way home. In front of me I saw an elderly couple, who were just about to give their boarding passes to be inspected by the security guard. Even while they were doing so, they held hands. 

Passengers continued caterpillar-ing towards security check, which is the most annoying bit of airports, without a doubt. My eyes wandered around, as I slowly tagged along, and fell at the holding hands of the same couple. They hadn’t let go and felt a compulsion to be as close to each other, regardless of the external influences, queues, Bush’s security measures, screaming kids. I don’t know where they were going, who they were, but for the 15 minutes during which they were a part of my life, they made me wish that I could be this in love at their age. Love is a beautiful thing, but sadly we need a reminder that it isn’t a privilege of the young but a gift and it comes in all shapes or forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment