Sunday 7 August 2011

Bottles

It is just before 1 o'clock in the morning, D and I are sipping tea at home after coming back from a dinner party at a friends' home. We had a hearty, warm, bubbly time with another couple. As we sip pur Earl, I hear a noise. Upon seeing the reason for it, I call D to come see, it's exciting!
For the first time, I see the big truck which tips over the blue container and bottles of all shapes and colours pour on top of other bottles of various shapes and colours. They are recycling. I remember someone telling me that there was no point in recycling because everything goes to the same place, mixed up. In their face, wherever they are. The recycling truck was strangely charismatic, it carries symbolical power, and I invested a little bit of an emotional meaning in it too. As I saw it move down the street, I felt a strange comfort and my street suddlenly takes on human characteristics, at least to me- it is a clean, smiling, happy street.

No comments:

Post a Comment